Provincial Agricultural Land Commission branding logo
Provincial Agricultural Land Commission
Skip to navigation Skip to Contents Skip to Accessibility Statement
Hero Image

The ALR is BC’s provincial zone that preserves agricultural land for the future. The ALC is the administrative tribunal that adjudicates applications in the ALR while prioritizing and protecting the ALR land base and its use for agriculture. 

I want to…

Is my property in the ALR?

Find maps of the ALR and online mapping tools

What’s new?

  • Annual Report 2022-2023

    The ALC has published its 2022-2023 Annual Report which includes statistics on applications and decisions, Notices of Intent, compliance and enforcement, planning reviews and ALR land change.

  • Housing in the ALR

    Questions about housing in the ALR? 

    – Building a new residence? 
    – Replacing a residence? 
    – Additional residence? 
    – Do I need an Application or Notice of Intent?

  • Proposed ALR Inclusion of Federal Lands in the City of Surrey

    In November, 2022, the Commission, acting under section 17(1) of the ALCA, initiated a proposal to consider inclusion of 123.6 ha (~305 acres) of land within the City of Surrey into the ALR.

    The Commission has now concluded its deliberation on the matter. The Commission’s decision and all proposal material is available to view online.